Clarity. It's one of the ingredients that leads to our greatest success, in business or otherwise.
For Communicating with a Highly Mobile Society . . .
To Affect Purchasing Decisions . . .
- The U.S. society is very mobile, consumer oriented and communication driven. Your on-premise business signs function as an optimum advertising and marketing device in this environment, offering both affordability and availability with excellent return on investment.
- In the U.S, there are on average 1.35 occupants per car, and each car travels about 15,000 miles per year. In addition, about 40 million Americans move annually to a new home. All this mobility means your effective sign captures large viewing audience.
- Approximately 95% of retail business occurs on site (or is place-based). Because of our mobility as a society, streets and highways provide a premiere communication opportunity. As consumers pass by your place of business, the right on-premise signs will attract and direct the consumers when they are ready to make a decision or purchase.
- Your sign is the only indicator that you are there, and would like the customers' patronage.
- Without adequate signage, potential customers will not notice your business. These easily lost customers may represent the percentage of business you need to become profitable.
- Shopping habits can be changed with effective signage. Pricing and/or availability information can shift the choice of a consumer's purchases or prompt an unplanned stop. Signs are the ideal choice for place (or point) of purchase information.
- Nearly all businesses rely on impulse visits or purchases to maintain profitability. Those most dependent on impulse stops include gasoline stations, value oriented motels, and quick-service-food sites. For the national franchiser or chain, on-premise signage reinforces all other media advertising, and maximizes advertising effectiveness at a low cost.
To Brand your Business and/or Site, and to Leverage Your Advertising . . .
In summary . . . .
- Even if you aren't part of a national franchise or chain, backed by major media advertising to increase recall and recognition of your sign, the right sign can "brand" your site in your local trade area. If appropriately designed and placed, your sign will develop top-of-mind awareness of your product or service in all who routinely pass by.
- The right sign can turn even a non-descript site into one that is distinctive and "branded." Sometimes a sign is the only indication that your business is there. In such cases, your sign should be the focal point of your building façade or street frontage exposure. Such signcentric site development and design will catch attention and lead consumers from the street to your door.
- If your business lacks good street visibility, but is next to a freeway or major highway, a high-rise sign can function like an outdoor advertising structure by providing multiple street frontages. An optimally visible high-rise sign will increase the potential market exposure of any retail site.
- Because of enhanced sign technology, sign faces can be easily changed or retrofitted to match evolving economic marketing circumstances. Increasingly, signage requirements are met by use of variable copy electronic message units. New developments in lighting, plastics, and paint mean signs can now achieve the same visual effect as four-color magazine advertising.
- Your sign design can be copyrighted. This not only protects your design, but also increases the sign's value as a commercial asset, particularly with respect to the "goodwill" it represents.
- Most communities wish to remain attractive while encouraging business activities. The advances in sign design and technology mean that, via signage, you can communicate effectively to potential customers in a way that enhances both your site and the community at large.
There are many solid, measurable reasons to obtain an effective on-premise sign for your business, and the bottom line is that your business' success depends on it.